Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pump Victory

After a long month of pump trials I finally received my very own insulin pump. I've been using a loaner pump from my endocrinologist while waiting for an approval from my insurance company and the shipment of my very own pump. It's been a bit of a rough road calculating costs vs. benefits but in the end we have been blessed with the ability to order a pump of my own. Today I had a doctors appointment and was able to pick up my new pump. Wahoo!! I've really enjoyed having a pump, its made it extremely easy to get my insulin without giving myself up to 4 shots a day. The insurance company didn't approve the use of a Glucose Monitoring System so I'll still have to prick my finger before and after meals BUT I was given a new glucometer that wirelessly transmits my blood sugar levels to the pump for easy tracking. It's so cool! Technology is amazing, such fun tools that help with such a not so fun disease.


The baby seems to be growing on schedule and very active inside my tummy. All of my appointments seem to give reassurance that everything is going as planned. I (we) feel very blessed that the Lord is watching over our new little one and has blessed us with wonderful doctors and technologies that assist with the development of our baby. Thanks to all for your continued love and support!! We truly are blessed.

3 comments:

Taylor's said...

Awesome! We know exactly how you feel! Congrats on being in the pump world!

We can't wait to meet the new addition! It will not be that much longer.

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

Cool about the pump!! I had gestational diabetes with Nathan and I was so irritated that my insurance barely covered my pricker things and didn't cover my test strips at all!! Wretched insurance!
Anyway! we're so excited for you little one!

P.S. Since I heard about you wanting to paint your crib black, I've seen several black cribs - I thought they looked cool.

Josh and Stacie said...

Thanks Karen. I think we're moving forward with the painting of the crib. I'll have to post a picture when its complete.