Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 8 - WDW Vacation

Today we headed back to Hollywood Studios for the morning. I know what your thinking, why were we heading back for Round 3 of Hollywood Studios?? In our many trips we had yet to ride on the newest ride, Toy Story Mania. We wanted to make sure we had the opportunity to ride this ride since we'd heard such amazing things. Obviously it's fantastic as the stand by line was always 60+ minutes. We got to Hollywood Studios just as they were about to drop the rope opening the park. We joined the crowds as we headed for the most popular ride in the park. Josh got there just in time to wait in one of three long lines to get a fast pass. I headed with the kids to the end of the stand by line at Josh's request. It was quite the sight, me making a bottle for Jaden while he's screaming, holding Lexie's hand, and managing to walk forward as the line advanced. I was never so glad to have Josh join us again. He had gotten fast passes for 10:15am which we figured would be just perfect for us to ride once and then jump back on for a second ride before heading back to the room. Unfortunately, Lexie notified us once inside that she had to go to the bathroom. I grabbed her hand and headed out to the bathroom. We made it! Finally, success. We ran back to the ride and made our way through the crowds meeting up with Josh and Jaden. We were fine for about 5 minutes then Lexie said again, "I have to go poop". You think we'd have learned our lesson by now but we hadn't. Instead Josh and I argued about whether or not to leave the line and head for the bathroom. I finally grabbed Lexie by the hand and headed for the bathroom. This time she had a major blowout and we didn't make it in time. I ended up throwing her panties in the garbage because I didn't want to clean up the mess. It wasn't her fault, but I still spent the next 10 minutes yelling at Lexie for not being able to hold it. If I had just listened. We didn't make it back in time but Josh and Jaden enjoyed the ride. Josh knew Lexie would enjoy it so he put us back in line. We waited about 40 minutes and finally had our turn on Toy Story Mania. As we exited the ride it was time for our fast passes and we walked back in line for a second ride. Fortunately, we didn't have any problems this time around. It really was a cute ride but I don't know if it was worth 2 1/2 hours of our time. Hollywood Studios was by far the park where we had the most problems on our trip. We bade the park farewell and headed back for the room.



In the afternoon we headed for Animal Kingdom and Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. The parade is right in the middle of our normal nap time but its a favorite of ours and wanted to make sure and see it on our trip. We arrived just in time to find a spot for the parade. It was well worth the wait, and Lexie enjoyed watching the flamingos before the parade began.

It was extra magic hours that evening at the Animal Kingdom so as the crowds exited the park we headed for the Finding Nemo Musical Show and made it just in time to enter as the were shutting the doors. Lexie and I enjoyed the show, Jaden wanted to stand so Josh stood at the top with him during most of the show. We headed to Expedition Everest so Josh could take one last ride but while we were waiting Jaden decided he was ready to eat. Lexie, Jaden, and I raced across the park heading for the Baby Center while Josh was in the single rider line. Jaden was not feeling patient and screamed the entire way to the baby center. It's so funny to watch people as you run by pushing a screaming baby, I'm sure thinking how they are so glad its not them. I got Jaden changed and fed while Lexie watched Wall E in the playroom. Did I mention the Animal Kingdom Baby Center was my favorite? So nice and big, I loved it! Josh joined us and we made our way out of the park and back to the resort.

1 comment:

Josh and Stacie said...

Nice work, sweetie. I'm glad you got another one done before the weekend!