Saturday, January 31, 2009

Draper Temple Open House



Friday, January 30th, we were able to take Lexie to the Draper Temple Open House. Lexie was most excited to go to the temple and was overly excited to ride the bus to the temple. We started out at a a chapel where we were able to watch a short video on temples. Lexie couldn't sit still and we were most worried that if she couldn't sit for 12 minutes how would she do during the tour. Fortunately for us, she does much better when she can move and walk. She really liked the baptismal font and the pretty lights. It was so neat to be able to walk through the house of the Lord as a family, even though sometimes I felt bad for wrestling Lexie when she tried to take off and go where we weren't allowed. The lighting and chandeleirs were amazingly beautiful. The bride room was a personal favorite for me as was all the beautiful wood throughout the temple. It's truly a beautiful temple and makes me excited to return and perform temple work once it has been dedicated. The spirit was present and made me feel at home as I did the first time I attended the temple many years ago.

As we sat in a sealing room it was so amazing to be able to tell Lexie of our marriage and sealing and how it made it possible for us to be a family for all eternity. As we saw many parts of the temple Lexie kept saying I can't wait to tell Grammie, she'd love this (Grammie was home with Jaden . . . thanks Grammie). After all was said and done Lexie's favorite part was the Cookie at the end of the tour and the baptism pool (as she called it). What a special experience to teach Lexie about the temple. I feel so blessed to be in a land of plenty and opportunitites to teach our family of my love for the Lord and his special house here on earth. I have a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and am so grateful to have been sealed in the Bountiful Temple for time and all eternity. I hope that everyone will take advantage of the opportunity to walk through a house of the Lord, it was an amazing experience.



Tickets are free and open to everyone at www.lds.org.

1 comment:

Taylor's said...

I loved going! I really am going to take Malisia again; I figure you can't get enough of that spirit that is in the House of the Lord.

It is truly an amazing Temple . . . and built rather fast when you look at all the wood working and everything else. our girls love it too!

I am glad you were able to take Lexie!