Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gas Bubbles

It's been a while since I've had some time to post information on our blog so while I have a few minutes this morning I thought I'd share a funny experience I had last night. Jaden's been getting on a little bit more of a schedule lately. He usually eats at 9pm and goes to bed until 1 or 1:30am and then is frantic to eat again. He goes back to bed until 5 or 5:30am and then again is frantic to eat. We are usually up for a couple of hours and then he goes back to bed until 9am. If I'm a good girl and go to bed when he does at 9:30pm I can usually get at least 7 hours of sleep at night since Lexie usually gets up around 8am.

Last night Jaden followed his general routine and woke up at 1am frantic for food. He is so funny with his loud cry that won't stop for anything but food. He screams until the bottle is in his mouth, nothing else seems to calm him down. He has this cute little pausy gasp when he crys, I like to mimic him which usually makes him madder. Anyway, back to my story, after feeding Jaden at 1am we began our mission for gas bubbles. When he's tired its so hard to get him to burp because he's sound asleep. We have a deal that if I get him his bottle quickly, its his job to get out the gas bubbles or burps after he eats. Well, we tried for quite some time when I began my usual talks to get out the burps. Much to my suprrise as soon as I began talking to Jaden he let out the largest, loudest, and funniest burp I have every heard come out of his mouth. It was so loud that it startled me and I jumped, then I started laughing. He didn't think it was very funny, I think it really hurt him and he started cryting. I apologized for laughing and we continued on with our burping ritual until all the gas bubbles were gone then we both went back to sleep.

I'm loving all the fun memories we're making with Jaden, even when they are at 1am in the morning.

2 comments:

Taylor's said...

That is funny! I remember when I was nursing Kate early in the morning in those first weeks of life and she unlatched to burp and then re-latched and began eating like their was no big deal. It woke up Jeff and we both sat there laughing as Kate nursed away.

I love those little moments!

creativeguy said...

Oh my, yes the air bubbles!! Hey, congrats on the new addition, I was sitting here working at my desk this last weekend and out of the blue something reminded me that your new addition was supposed to be here in time for Christmas. Looks like all ended up well and glad everyone is OK. Hope you're both getting the rest you need with your little ones.