Monday, December 15, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Today I had my final doctors appointment scheduled in the AM hours. As usual one of the first things they always do is take my blood pressure. Today, it was a little high, even for me - 155/105. They asked me to leave a urine sample so they could test for protein in the urine and then took my blood pressure again, this time it had raised/dropped to 177/85. My dystolic number had dropped but the systolic increased. Josh and I were discussing what questions I wanted to make sure and ask the doctor when he came in and it was all thrown off when he came in and announced that quite possibly they would take the baby today to avoid preeclampsia - YIKES!!! He asked if I brought my bag just in case, to which I replied "NO". I had no thoughts that it might need to happen today. He sent me down the hall for a Non-stress Test and to have my blood pressure monitored. Fortunately for me my blood pressure decreased dramatically during my "resting" period. Most of the results were in the 139/79 arena, much better. Thanks to my body cooperating I was able to go home without having the baby today.

The good news was that my doctor canceled the Amnio scheduled for Thursday and decided definitely to perform the C-section on Friday as he is still unsure that I'll last until Friday. He told me I should stop working and stay off my feet as much as possible . . . bed rest, yuck! I was very excited to hear that I wouldn't have to have the amnio on Thursday and that we could for sure count on the baby arriving Friday morning. We're praying that the Lord will bless me and the baby to last throughout the week and to bless the baby to be ready for delivery as scheduled. I've been resting today, my blood pressure has been a little high but doable. So for now, I'm just taking it easy. A little bit of a scare to start off the week!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'll be praying for y'all!

Taylor's said...

We so know how that goes! I am glad you don't have to do an amino - those are no fun! Let me know if I need to take Lexi so you can truly "rest." Believe me, I did not think it was a big deal to watch Malisia but then again that is why my Mom came for 3 1/2 months so we could get Kate here and healthy! Also, can I bring you dinner?

We will be praying for a Happy and Healthy Mom and baby! I will be sure to put your names on the temple roll! And seriously, as bad as it stinks to be on bed rest; seriously it does work; I promise, Kate is living proof that it works! Love ya!

PS thank you for the cute Birthday Card; it meant a lot!