Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Crib "Makeover"

With less than a month (heck, less than four weeks) until our little one is here, we are trying to get everything ready here at home. We decided to paint the crib black (does this really surprise anyone?) and so we took it over to my dad's office to paint it in their warehouse. Dad built something that would allow us to hang the pieces up and spray them, then let them dry. So, now we know where to go if we need to do some auto body work!

It worked great, and after a primer coat and three full black coats, it was done. Thanks, Dad, for doing the majority of the painting and for letting it hang in your warehouse for a week. It looks great!

We worked in the baby's room off and on for a few days (Stacie spent most of one Saturday in there when I was at work), and with the crib set up, and most of the "stuff" that had accumulated in there over the past couple of years out of there, we are mostly ready for the big day. The closet is still a work in progress, but everything fits in his new dresser, so it's not really necessary right now. We're pretty excited!

Here's a slide show with a few pictures of the crib makeover, and some of the finished nursery:

5 comments:

Taylor's said...

Awesome! I knew it would look amazing when you guys were done with it! I love it! Now all you need is the little guy to go in it!

Helen said...

Wow - that took a lot of work - but it was worth it - it's come out great!

I am holding a nursery pictures contest on my site until Jan 2009. Come over and enter!

You Can Enter here

All entrants will get their very own page for their nursery on my site and the winner will receive a $75 gift certificate from PinkTaffyDesigns and the room will be featured on my home page.

It's such a lovely room - I'm sure my readers would love to see it!

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

So cute! That must have been a lot of work, but it turned out so nice!

Jenni Call said...

Stacie, your nursery is perfect for a little boy. Glad to know there is a fellow Disney admirer around! I would love to take some pictures of your new little one in a couple weeks! The best time to capture a newborn is within the first two weeks. Let me know if you are interested.

Josh and Stacie said...

Thanks Jenni, we'll have to do that. I'd love to have you take some pictures.