Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble, Gobble

As I sit here at work, I have noticed some stiffness in my legs when I stand up, especially the inner thigh/groin region. I did a quick inventory of my last couple of days and realize that I can trace it back to Tuesday, when I raked and picked up all of the leaves in the back yard. Yikes. I mean, I DID fill up three large garbage bags full of leaves, but I must need to step up my activity levels when that produces a little random soreness. Good thing that I'm not a professional athlete; I'd hate to be watching ESPN and see an injury report listing me "Out(yard work)".

Today is a time for family, and for reflecting on what we are thankful for. Stacie's parents had the opportunity to go to California to spend the holiday with their daughter, Stacie and Lexie had the opportunity to go to my 93-year old grandfather's house for dinner, and I had the opportunity to work today. We are thankful for all of the above and more: our family, our friends, our faith, our jobs, our country and everything that we have in our lives. This is a special time of the year...one that will be even more special in a few weeks when we receive another member into our family, and we are truly thankful that he is continuing to develop and grow (although Stacie's not as keen about the growth part). We can't wait for him to arrive and watch him grow. Lexie is thankful for her new baby brother, Turkey Day, and Banana Pie, although not necessarily in that order.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: