Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby boy update

Well, we went to the doctor again last Friday for another ultrasound, this one being a bit more extensive and time-consuming. They look for birth defects, check out how everything is developing, and take measurements. I believe that for most women, this is the one and only ultrasound that they have during their pregnancies. Because Stacie is considered a "high risk" pregnancy, she has ultrasounds every few weeks...it's pretty neat. We're a little bit spoiled by it, to be sure!

The first thing that they did was confirm that it is, indeed, a boy. We were told a few weeks ago that it would be a boy, but there is always a little doubt left in the back of your head, especially being so early. But he was VERY cooperative and left no doubt as to his gender (That's my boy!). Everything is developing correctly, and he weighs right around 10 oz. Stacie's official due date is now January 1, but the doctor tells us that she won't go that long. We're still thinking it will be the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.

It's still a little bit surreal, and sometimes it doesn't seem like it is going to happen. We only know about little girls, and so it will be an entirely different experience for us. We're very excited, and Lexie told me today that she is excited to "hold her little brother on the couch". Time is certainly going to fly...Stacie's and my birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas are all sandwiched into the next 140 days before the little one is here. We can't wait!

4 comments:

Taylor's said...

I seriously could not be more happy for your little family!

Jeff is a little bit jealous to say the least but I am sure will get over it!

I know how you feel to be getting all ultrasounds . . . fun but pricey!

And I know why they want to take you early but hey if he was the first baby born in 2009 . . . college would probably be paid for and you get TONS of things for the baby! I know hard to last that long but it would be pretty cool for him to be famous even for a day!

Did I tell you we are really excited for you guys?!?

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

I am a terrible neighbor/ward member/home teaching companion's wife! I must admit I didn't even know you guys were expecting! Congrats!! If your boy is anything like mine, he'll be a piece of cake! That's the trade off for having to wait so long for him!

Amanda said...

Hey you guys! Wade, Shelby and I are SO super excited for you guys and the little boy that you'll be getting. How lucky for you to have one of each!! Lex will be such a great big sis, and we can't wait to meet him!! HOORAY!!!!

Jenni Call said...

WOW! I am so glad to hear your good news. Congrats!

Welcome to the world of blogging! I love it!!!