Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Quick thoughts: Tuesday edition

Since we now hold the awesome power of a blog in our hands, I hope to post short thoughts or stories, especially concerning Lexie, so that we can record some of the funny/amazing/frustrating episodes of our lives. With that said:

I was changing Lexie yesterday morning from pajamas to her clothes, and she was helping me out. She has struggled in the past to take her shirt off, and while we try to teach her how to pull one arm out, then the other, her patience often runs out and she starts to get mad. But yesterday, she did it perfectly...one arm, then the other, then over her head. I congratulated her, and told her that I was proud of her. Then I had a thought: when do I stop being excited about her ability to take off her clothes? Shouldn't I be encouraging her to keep her clothes on instead of praising her for her ability to shed clothing? I suppose that as long as we don't get her this for Christmas, we'll be alright.

No comments: