Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tree Trimmin' Time


In our backyard we have the most beautiful Willow tree that provides such nice shade in the summer time. However, each summer we are confronted with the task of trimmin' the tree. Neither mine nor Josh's favorite task. This year we put off the task longer than usual but we finally made time to head outside last night and get 'er done. I have been harping on Josh for the last several weeks that we need to get it done so I was really happy when the task was complete. Lexie and I watched as Josh cut off branch after branch. The branches get so big and heavy that it hangs over into all of our neighbors yards (which makes it that much harder to trim). My job was to observe and identify the branches that needed to be eliminated. When we were all done and I was finally happy with the tree Lexie chimed in and started telling her Dad what else needed to be removed/fixed. Boy, kids really pay attention, too bad she was watching me, the bossy one, and not her Dad who was doing all the work. I don't remember exactly what she said but it was something like "it looks good Daddy but I think those few branches there need to come off still". Ah, what an example I am . . . LOL.

Thanks to Josh (aka Daddy), the tree looks beautiful. Next year I think we'll hire a tree trimmer. The thing is just getting too big!!

1 comment:

Taylor's said...

You just be glad you have a tree! The HOA will not let us put anything in that gets over a certain height!

The tree is gorgeous and yes, I am so jealous!