Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quick thoughts: Wednesday edition

Hard to believe that it's almost September! And while I look forward to more mild temperatures, it also means that time is fast approaching for our little one to come to us. I can't belive it's only about four months away; we are definitely in "nesting" mode, trying to shuffle things around to turn our office back into a bedroom/nursery. We're keeping the classic Mickey theme, and will add things to it. Stacie wants to paint our crib black, which would match the chair rail and curtains, but I am hesitant. What say you? Please vote on the poll to the left!

Lexie is very excited for her baby brother. We can't walk through the store without her seeing something that is "really cute" and that she wants to buy for the baby. She is constantly giving her mom's belly loves and kisses, and keeps telling me that all three of us can hold the baby together. She certainly doesn't comprehend everything, and probably has no idea how much things are going to change when she has to share Mommy and Daddy, grandparents, etc. with someone, but I am excited to see her interact with the baby. When she says her prayers at night, she always remembers to bless the baby, and loves to tell people that "we are having a baby". I've seen a lot of change from her lately...I think that the "terrible twos" are starting to diminish a bit, and Lexie is starting to mature. We still have our moments (she left Wal-Mart on less than favorable terms the other night), but all in all, I think that she's getting ready for our family to expand, and to be a good big sister. I just hope that Stacie and I are ready!

3 comments:

Nathan McDuck said...

You guys are great parents - your new baby is lucky to have such a great mom and dad, and big sister.

Of course, we don't have kids, so I guess you should probably take my compliments with a grain of salt... :^)

Josh and Stacie said...

Thanks! We're certainly still learning on the job (as anyone who saw us with Lexie at Wal-Mart could attest to!), but we love being parents.

And we try to stay away from salt, so we'll gladly take your compliments straight up :)

Taylor's said...

We are so excited for your family!

I think the crib should be black too but I would want to see the whole room . . . that might sway the vote.

Also, the "terrible twos" do diminish but get ready for a whole new kind of "attitude." Hopefully, Lexie will take it all in stride and not change a bit (I will pray that happens).

Stacie, thanks again going V.T. with me the other night . . .I know it was rather late to be getting home especially for being tired and pregnant! Sure do love your friendship and company!