Sunday, August 24, 2008

Quick thoughts: Sunday edition

I was at work yesterday, and as I was talking to Stacie, she mentioned that Lexie had found a TV guide downstairs, looked at the cover, and told her, "That's Daddy!". This is the aforementioned cover. Stacie said, "That's not Daddy" (probably excluding the word "unfortunately" when she relayed the story to me), and Lexie said, "Well, it looks like him." Ah...my angel, my beautiful little girl.

So when I got home, I picked up the magazine and asked Lexie, "Who is this?". She looked at it and said, "I don't know". "C'mon" I asked "Who is it?". Again, "I don't know"...this time a little more insistent, as if to tell me that I shouldn't interrupt her from watching "Handy Manny" again. I suppose that I could chalk it up to her not remembering what she said earlier, but her memory is far too good to use that as an excuse!

So, my moment in the sun is gone. I'm back to normal status. McDreamy McDaddy has left the building.

2 comments:

Taylor's said...

Awesome! Just remember little girls LOVE their Dads and remember YOU are the world to them . . . no matter how YOU think you look; to them you are "McDreamy Daddy"

Josh and Stacie said...

Thanks! She really is the apple of my eye and I love her like I never knew that I could.